TCI is updating its Record Alive! interactive center college social research curriculum. One particular exciting addition to Heritage Alive! is a movie-based mostly geography challenge that will get started just about every device. From surveying the actual physical characteristics of Historical Greece to checking out the setting of the Americas, these geography functions interact scientific studies with vivid pictures and believed-provoking concerns.
Get a Sneak Peak of a Geography Problem Movie
Want to sample TCI’s latest Geography Obstacle video clips? Check out out this online video that opens Record Alive! The Ancient World’s unit on Ancient Greece.
Online video-based Geography Difficulties had been produced with buyer feedback. Whilst Geography Issues have been a element of the History Alive! Programs, TCI needed to enrich the classroom knowledge and student studying by video clips. Films give an immersive working experience, letting pupils to think about themselves in the natural environment and deepen their knowledge of the region.
TCI’s Director of Merchandise Expertise Marsha Ifurung discussed, “In speaking with our customers, we heard that lecturers want to assistance their pupils construct geography techniques, but it’s really hard to do with a print book. With new Geography Obstacle Movies, pupils will see the map, the geographic functions, and the connections amongst destinations in a a great deal additional visual structure that will help them develop a further knowledge.”
The video is only one element of the new Geography Troubles. Just after learners observe the online video, they engage in an exercise in which they build and review a map of a region and answer to critical imagining concerns about the area.
Videos in Social Scientific tests Curriculum
Videos are strong resources for enriching social scientific studies routines in middle school lecture rooms. Visible media help understanding via numerous modalities and support deepen scholar comprehension. When applied strategically, films can assist meaningful studying. Right here are a few approaches to use video clips successfully in the classroom.
- Capturing focus. Study indicates that commencing a lesson with a online video captures and maintains scholar interest. While movies simply cannot switch classroom instruction, applying video clips at the commencing of a lesson together with guiding concerns can be an impactful way to keep students attentive and put together them for additional mastering.
- Achieving learners by means of many modalities. Applying several mediums for instruction can assistance learners master. Experiments demonstrate that speaking content via a blend of textual content, audio, and visuals can fortify mastering and increase outcomes for pupils.
- Complementing an interactive action. Films are specially helpful in an lively classroom. Pairing movies with interactive queries or incorporating films as portion of a greater activity can aid pupils process facts much more efficiently.
In addition to movie-primarily based Geography Challenges, TCI will be incorporating a lot more academic films in their middle university curriculum applications to seize students’ attention and get them fired up about mastering. One particular future element to the Background Alive! packages is an interactive movie action that dietary supplements a lesson.
“As Online video Actions are designed, we’re listening to thrilled reactions from buyers,” Ifurung shared. “With quick video clips, adopted by significant interactions, learners will get the awareness they will need in a way that catches their consideration and solidifies their knowing of the material.”
Want to get the newest on new movies and features? Indicator up for TCI’s e-newsletter to remain in the know.
- How to Be Home with COVID 19 & Not Create New Challenges For Yourself –
- PALESTINE DAILY: Discover News based on what your friends are reading and publish your own reading activity. You have full control over what you publish. Gadhafi put on display in shopping center freezer By KIM GAMEL and RAMI AL-SHAHEIBI – Associated Press | AP – 1 hr 33 mins ago 59 6 Email Print Related Content The body of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi lies on a mattress in a commercial freezer at a shopping center in Misrata, Libya, Friday, Oct. 21, 2011. The burial of slain leader Moammar Gadhafi has been delayed until the circumstances of his death can be further examined and a decision is made about where to bury the body, Libyan officials said Friday, as the U.N. human rights office called for an investigation into his death. (AP Photo/Manu Brabo) The body of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi lies on a mattress in a commercial freezer … The body of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi lies on a mattress a commercial freezer at a shopping center in Misrata, Libya, Friday, Oct. 21, 2011. The burial of slain leader Moammar Gadhafi has been delayed until the circumstances of his death can be further examined and a decision is made about where to bury the body, Libyan officials said Friday, as the U.N. human rights office called for an investigation into his death. (AP Photo/Manu Brabo) The body of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi lies on a mattress a commercial freezer … World slideshows Thailand flooding 45 photos – 19 hrs ago Iraq War 50 photos – 1 hr 13 mins ago Gadhafi’s death spurs Syria protests 8 photos – 15 hrs ago See latest photos » MISRATA, Libya (AP) — Moammar Gadhafi’s blood-streaked body was on display in a commercial freezer at a shopping center Friday as Libyan authorities argued about what to do with his remains and questions deepened over official accounts of the longtime dictator’s death. New video emerged of his violent, chaotic last moments, showing fighters beating him as they drag him away. Nearly every aspect of Thursday’s killing of Gadhafi was mired in confusion, a sign of the difficulties ahead for Libya. Its new rulers are disorganized, its people embittered and divided. But the ruling National Transitional Council said it would declare the country’s liberation on Saturday, the starting point for a timetable that calls for a new interim government within a month and elections within eight months. The top U.N. rights chief raised concerns that Gadhafi may have been shot to death after being captured alive. The fate of his body seemed tied up in squabbles among Libya’s factions, as fighters from Misrata — a city brutally besieged by Gadhafi’s forces during the civil war — seemed to claim ownership of it, forcing the delay of a planned burial Friday. Also muddled was the fate of Seif al-Islam Gadhafi, the only Gadhafi son who stayed in Libya and reportedly survived after his father’s Aug. 21 ouster. It appeared Friday that he was still at large: some government ministers had said he was wounded and in custody in a hospital in the city of Zlitan, but a military official at the hospital, Hakim al-Kisher, denied he was there. In Misrata, residents crowded into long lines to get a chance to view the body of Gadhafi, which was laid out on a mattress on the floor of an emptied-out vegetable and onions freezer at a local shopping center. The body had apparently been stowed in the freezer in an attempt to keep it out of the public eye, but once the location was known, that intention was swept away in the overwhelming desire of residents to see the man they so deeply despised. Men, women and children filed in to take their picture with the body. The site’s guards had even organized separate visiting hours for families and single men. “We want to see the dog,” some chanted. Gadhafi’s 69-year-old body was stripped to the waist, his torso and arms streaked with dried blood. Bullet wounds in the chest, abdomen and left side of the head were visible. The bloody siege of Misrata over the summer instilled a particularly virulent hatred of Gadhafi there — a hatred now mixed with pride because he was captured and killed by fighters from the city. New video posted on Facebook showed revolutionary fighters dragging a confused-looking Gadhafi up the hill to their vehicles after his capture and less than an hour before he was killed. The young men scream “Moammar, you dog!” as their former leader wipes at blood covering the left side of his head, neck and left shoulder. Gadhafi gestures to the young men to be patient, and says “What’s going on?” as he wipes fresh blood from his temple and glances at his palm. A young fighter later is shown carrying a boot and screaming, “This is Moammar’s shoe! This is Moammar’s shoe! Victory! Victory!” In Tripoli, joy over Gadhafi’s end spilled into a second day as thousands converged on central Martyrs’ Square for Friday prayers and celebrations. Men danced and hoisted the country’s new red-green-and-black flag. “It’s the start of a new era that everybody hopes will bring security and freedom,” said Tarek Othman, a computer specialist. “I hope democracy is the path we take so all of these Libyans who have sacrificed will really feel free.” He stood with his wife — who wore a cap in the revolution’s colors over her all-encompassing black niqab — in the square, which was formerly known as Green Square and was used by Gadhafi to stage rallies against the uprising. Khaled Almslaty, a clothing vendor, said he wished Gadhafi had not been killed after being captured. “But I believe he got what he deserved because if we prosecuted him for the smallest of his crimes, he would be punished by death,” he said. “Now we hope the NTC will accelerate the formation of a new government and … won’t waste time on irrelevant conflicts and competing for authority and positions.” It’s a tall order after nearly 42 years of rule by one man, who often acted according to whims and tolerated no dissent. Libya’s new leaders have stressed the need for reconciliation, but many factions are eager to have their say after years of repression. The Western-backed NTC, a collection of former rebels, returned exiles, technocrats and Islamists, has always been united behind its goal of ousting Gadhafi. Now the group must overcome divisions and competing self-interests to rebuild the oil-rich North African nation, which was stripped of institutions under Gadhafi. The NTC said interim leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil will formally declare liberation on Saturday in the eastern city of Benghazi, where the revolution began in mid-February. Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril has promised to resign, saying he will not be part of any new government and will instead turn his attention to fighting corruption. The transitional council has asked the United Nations “to play a significant role” in helping it write a constitution, hold elections and build democratic institutions, Ian Martin, the U.N. envoy to Libya, said. “No one should underestimate in this moment of celebration in Libya how great are the challenges that lie ahead,” he said. He also warned of “a major challenge in the future of those of the fighters who don’t wish to return to previous civilian occupations.” At the U.N. in New York, Russia proposed Friday that the Security Council lift the no-fly zone it imposed on Libya and end its authorization of military action to protect civilians now that Gadhafi has been killed. The French and British ambassadors to the U.N. said that more consultation with Libyan authorities is needed to smoothly end the no-fly zone and transfer traffic control to civilian authorities. Gadhafi was killed when revolutionary fighters overwhelmed him and the last of his loyalists in his coastal hometown Sirte, the last bastion of his regime to be captured after weeks of heavy fighting. Authorities have promised to bury Gadhafi in accordance with Islamic traditions calling for quick interment, but Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam said the burial was delayed because officials were debating “what the best place is to bury him.” Gadhafi’s family, most of whom are in Algeria or other nearby African nations, issued a statement calling for an investigation into how Gadhafi and another of his sons, Muatassim, were killed. In the statement on the pro-Gadhafi, Syria-based TV station Al-Rai, they asked for international pressure on the NTC to hand over the bodies of the two men to their tribe. Gadhafi was captured alive and there have been contradictory accounts of how and when he received his fatal wounds. Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the images of his last moments were very disturbing. “More details are needed to ascertain whether he was killed in some form of fighting or was executed after his capture,” Colville said. According to most accounts from fighters on the ground and their commanders, Gadhafi and his loyalists were in a convoy trying to flee when NATO airstrikes hit two of the vehicles. Then revolutionary forces moved in and clashed with the loyalists for several hours. Gadhafi and his bodyguards fled their cars and took refuge in a nearby drainage tunnel. Fighters pursued and clashed with them before Gadhafi emerged from the tunnel and was grabbed by fighters. Most accounts agree that Gadhafi died from wounds 30 to 40 minutes later as an ambulance took him to Misrata. But accounts differ over how he suffered those wounds. Most commanders and fighters at the scene with whom The Associated Press has spoken say that when he was captured, Gadhafi already was fatally wounded. In the videos of his capture, however, he has blood on his head, but none on his chest or abdomen. At one point, his shirt is pulled up to his chest, but no wound is visible. Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam said Gadhafi was wounded after his capture. “It seems like the bullet was a stray and it could have come from the revolutionaries or the loyalists,” Shammam said. Other fighters, commanders and witnesses have not spoken of any such crossfire or further clashes. Siraq al-Hamali, a 21-year-old fighter, told AP that he rode in the vehicle carrying Gadhafi as it left Sirte. He did not mention coming under fire and said Gadhafi died en route of wounds he already had. Even reports of the coroner’s conclusions were confused over which wound was fatal — some said it was the shot to the head, others said it was a shot to the liver. Muatassim, who had been his father’s feared national security adviser, was captured alive separately in Sirte, and how he died also remains unknown. In a video aired Friday on Al-Rai, the 34-year-old Muatassim, wearing a bloodied undershirt, sits on a mattress in a room with fighters around him. He takes a swig of water and smokes a cigarette as he argues with at least one man who accused him of robbing the country and abusing its sons. The fighter then orders Muatassim to say “Allahu Akbar” or “God is great” before the video cuts to a segment with Muatassim lying subdued on the mattress with his forearm on his forehead. He also appears to check for an injury on his collar bone. The last scene is of Muatassim lying dead, apparently in a hospital, with a huge gash in his chest. ___ Gamel reported from Tripoli. Associated Press writers Hadeel al-Shalchi, Sarah El Deeb and Lee Keath in Cairo and Anita Snow at the U.N. contributed to this report. @yahoonews on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook Editors’ Picks A riot police officer tries to extinguish the fire of a petrol bomb on another officer during riots with anti-austerity demonstrators in Athens’ Syntagma (Constitution) squareslideshow Petrol bomb attack on Greek police Hannibal Gaddafislideshow Gadhafi family on the run FILE – In this Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2009 file photo, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi gestures with a green cane as he takes his seat behind bulletproof glass for a military parade in Green Square, Tripoli, Libya. Libyan special forces stormed a two-day-old protest encampment in the country’s second largest city of Benghazi, clearing the area early Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011, said witnesses, as a human rights group estimate scores of people have died in the harsh crackdown on days of demonstrations. (AP Photo/Ben Curtis, File)slideshow Libyan dictator Gadhafi killed Libyans celebrate Moammar Gadhafi’s death in front of the Libyan Embassy in Amman, Jordan, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011. Moammar Gadhafi, who ruled Libya with a dictatorial grip for 42 years until he was ousted by his own people in an uprising that turned into a bloody civil war, was killed Thursday when revolutionary forces overwhelmed his hometown, Sirte, the last major bastion of resistance two months after his regime fell. (AP Photo/Mohammad Hannon)slideshow Libyans celebrate Gadhafi’s death 1slideshow Captain Scott’s lost photographs Detective Rick Lee talks to a pedestrian in Zuccotti Park in New York, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011. Lee is gaining Internet fame for his un-stereotypical appearance. Online blog posts make tongue-in-cheek references to him as the “Hipster Cop.” His look includes cardigans, professorial-style glasses and side-swept hair. The plainclothes officer has been doing community affairs work at the protest. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)slideshow Occupy Wall Street’s hipster cop Explore Related Content 1 – 4 of 12 Gadhafi body stashed in shopping center freezerPlay Video Gadhafi body stashed in shopping center … Libyan kids holding an assault rifle celebrate in Souk El Juma district in Tripoli, Libya, Friday Oct. 20, 2011. The death Thursday of Gadhafi, two months after he was driven from power and into … Libyan kids holding an assault rifle … Men Filmed Attack at Shopping Cente … A group of young men who evidently attacked a woman at a shopping center apparently … Full Story »Men Filmed Attack at Shopping Center ABC News (RSS) NTC fighters brandish Gaddafi’s golden gunPlay Video NTC fighters brandish Gaddafi’s golden … Top Stories » Iraq war over, US troops coming home, Obama says Gadhafi put on display in shopping center freezer Murdoch takes on shareholders at annual meeting Clinton visiting Tajikistan, Uzbekistan Cain tweaks 9-9-9 tax plan to allow exemptions AP-GfK Poll: 37 percent of public back protests AP sources: Bachmann staff in New Hampshire quits Most Popular Some stores freezing out Ben & Jerry’s new flavor Obama announces total Iraq troop withdrawal For $1 billion, one dictator Steve Jobs predicted Obama would be a one-term president Gadhafi was looks-conscious until the end Qadhafi death blunts GOP’s critique Today on Yahoo! 1 – 4 of 40 Christina Aguilera’s alarming attire Christina Aguilera’s alarming attire Some stores shun new Ben & Jerry’s flavor Some stores shun new Ben & Jerry’s flavor Gadhafi’s last act of vanity revealed Gadhafi’s last act of vanity revealed Why Obama is ending the war in Iraq Why Obama is ending the war in Iraq All Comments Shared On Facebook My Comments Zubaida • Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia • Show location? HelpComment Guidelines your avatar Please Enter a Comment Manage Updates Your updates will be shared through Yahoo! Updates based on your preferences. Start sharing your updates on Yahoo! to Twitter based on your preferences. Add Twitter Your update will be shared to Facebook based on your Facebook preferences. 737 comments Popular Now Newest Oldest Most Replied Kay 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 Kay • Pleasanton, United States • about a minute ago Report Abuse He declared death to the end and that is what he got. Reply Namatullah 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 Namatullah • Curtea de Argeş, România • 2 minutes ago Report Abuse The bad days of Libia started by killing of Gadafi, Libia people have to see what the eastern leaders will do with them …… Shame on you, you had to look once at Afghanistan destiny then stand against your leader……Shame on you Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 TOTALLY AWARE 2 minutes ago Report Abuse OUR OWNED MEDIA WILL NOT POST THE TRUTH STATED HERE. THEY ONLY LIKE PROPAGANDA AND FILTH…. More Reply JD 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 JD • San Jose, United States • 3 minutes ago Report Abuse Moammar … We are going to take all of your oil too. Reply TOTALLY AWARE 2Thumbs UpThumbs Down2 TOTALLY AWARE 3 minutes ago Report Abuse OUR U.S.A. ISRAELI REGIME HAS GIVEN THE WORLD “1984” AT ITS VERY WORST. HANGING IS TOO GOOD FOR THEM. OUR ARROGANT REGIME’S MEDIA MAKES LIGHT OF THE HIDEOUS WAR CRIMES…. More 1 Reply D D RED 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 D D RED 3 minutes ago Report Abuse HA HA HA Ha ha ,,,, He got exactly what he so richly deserved. Now where is that locherbie bomber with the prostate cancer ,,, It’s time to remove his prostate through his brain….slowly Reply billy bronco 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 billy bronco 4 minutes ago Report Abuse That is one cold cut. Reply FWE 1Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 FWE • Buffalo, United States • 4 minutes ago Report Abuse What day is garbage day in that neighborhood? Reply RALPH W 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 RALPH W 4 minutes ago Report Abuse Just a temporary measure until the display case is ready. Reply lance 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 lance • Chicago, United States • 4 minutes ago Report Abuse this sounds like sum jeffery damher sh:t Reply JD 1Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 JD • San Jose, United States • 4 minutes ago Report Abuse I wonder if he felt the same terror the passengers on Pan Am felt over Scotland? The only thing better than a dead terrorist, is a dead terrorist. Rot in hell Moammar Gadhafi. Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down2 TOTALLY AWARE 5 minutes ago Report Abuse WE HOPE THAT THERE IS AN “AMERICA” LEFT….FOR PRESIDENT RON PAUL. IT IS CURRENTLY A DRUGGED “LUNATIC ASYLUM”….RUN BY AIPAC. 1 Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 TOTALLY AWARE 5 minutes ago Report Abuse IS THERE ANY AMERICAN….THAT DOES NOT REALIZE THAT “OUR NEW YORK ISRAELI REGIME”….”IS” ….NATO…..AND THE U.N…….? … More Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down2 TOTALLY AWARE 5 minutes ago Report Abuse ARE THE FRENCH AND BRITISH TAXPAYERS AWARE THAT “THEY” TOO ARE GOVERNED BY ISRAELI’S AND PUPPETS OF ISRAEL….? THESE CONTINUING ASSASINATIONS SMACK OF “ABU GRAIB” ALL-OVER-AGAIN…. More 1 Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down5 TOTALLY AWARE 6 minutes ago Report Abuse OUR U.S.A. ISRAELI REGIME’S MEDIA MAKES LIGHT OF THE HIDEOUS WAR CRIMES. CAN TRADITIONAL AMERICANS SLEEP AT NIGHT…..KNOWING “WHO” RULES THEM…?… More Reply eastwood 2Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 eastwood 7 minutes ago Report Abuse I think about this ” Islam is the only Religion that Celebrates Death in a Jubilant fashion with all joy and happyness as a joyful occastion of fodd and fun. how odd this includes themselves also. as them being very Reliogios and calling it Holyness. This is aganist all of the… More Reply TOTALLY AWARE 0Thumbs UpThumbs Down3 TOTALLY AWARE 8 minutes ago Report Abuse OUR U.S.A. ISRAELI REGIME HAS GIVEN THE WORLD “1984” AT ITS VERY WORST. HANGING IS TOO GOOD FOR THEM. OUR ARROGANT REGIME’S MEDIA MAKES LIGHT OF THE HIDEOUS WAR CRIMES…. More 1 Reply JAMES R 1Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 JAMES R • Arden, United States • 8 minutes ago Report Abuse Mr. President in your speech about the death of Gadafi, you stated that it ended 4 decades of terror in the world and his country of Libya, with his squandering of his countries WEALTH. Question what are you doing with the wealth of America? Is this not also called SQUANDERING ? Reply If.We.Cant.Beat.Em.Join.Em 1Thumbs UpThumbs Down0 If.We.Cant.Beat.Em.Join.E … 8 minutes ago Report Abuse put him in a museum………………… Reply bogie2 1Thumbs UpThumbs Down1 bogie2 • San Angelo, United States • 9 minutes ago Report Abuse Animals Reply More Post a comment New: Location! You can now share your location with each comment and make it more interesting. Okay News For You Mom shielding kids is shot dead outside NYC school Kutcher pleads for media honesty amid cheating reports News Anchor Falls in Orgasm-Inducing Heels on Live TV Demi Moore Enraged, Violent on Screen Japan says to act decisively on excessive forex moves General Mills voluntarily recalls Fiber One bars Moammar Gadhafi and His Odd Relationship with Women UK navy seizes pirate ‘mothership’ The war in Libya is still a failure Ex-Pa. soft-drink CEO gets 20 years in prison Search Keyword Sponsored Links ( What’s this? ) Local Factory Outlet Find Factory Outlet Near You. See Actual Customer Reviews! Local.com Entertainment Centers Great Selection & Price! www.TotallyFurniture.com Building Maintenance Fitouts Painting Defits Repairs Construction call 1800 FACILITY www.facilityservices.com.au World News » Men take pictures of Muammar Gaddafi’s corpse displayed at a house in Misrata Gaddafi family demands body; NATO ends Libya war Rania El Gamal MISRATA, Libya (Reuters) – NATO called an end to its air war in Libya, and the clan of Muammar Gaddafi demanded a chance to bury the body that lay on display in a meat locker after a death as brutal and … Saudi Crown Prince Sultan dies – SPA quotes royal court Angus McDowall (Reuters) – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Sultan died on Saturday, the country’s royal court confirmed in a statement carried by SPA, the state news agency. Anti-government protesters shout slogans during a rally to demand the ouster of Yemen’s President Ali Abdullah Saleh in the southern town of of Damt U.N. council condemns Yemen violence, urges deal Louis Charbonneau UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) – The U.N. Security Council on Friday condemned the Yemeni government crackdown on protesters but urged the signing of an agreement that would require the president to step down … Pakistan’s PM Gilan greets U.S. Secretary of State Clinton at the prime minister’s residence in Islamabad Clinton says U.S. officials have met with Haqqanis Andrew Quinn and Chris Allbritton ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Friday that the United States had held a preliminary meeting with representatives of the Haqqani network, a group of militants Washington has … Supporters of the Party Democratic Progress (PDP) wave Tunisian flags and light flares during a rally in Ariyana district Tunisia rivals stake positions in election rallies Andrew Hammond and Tarek Amara TUNIS (Reuters)
- 3 Simple and Engaging Thanksgiving Activities for Kids — Live Love Speech
- 3 Holiday Speech Therapy Activities Your Students Will Love — Live Love Speech
- In 2017 Cole was in need of finding more dependable transportation, “because my brother got his driver’s licence” and now they would both have to share a single family car. Two teenagers involved with their own school activities and friends are rarely going in the same direction. He soon “was influenced by Stage 2 Cyclery” in Murrieta, California to take up cycling as an alternative means of transportation and became employed by the local shop as a mechanic. Cole learned of the Provo Bicycle Collective three years ago while living in Salt Lake City, where another of the parent Bicycle Collective’s four existing locations is located. When he moved to Provo in June of 2021 to attend BYU Cole began riding his Motobecane to campus, and because he needed a shop to work on his bike from time to time, he joined the Provo location at 397 E 200 N to work a couple of days per week as a volunteer. He’s now an employee, recently hired as a bike mechanic. Cole tells me he pedals across town from the North Park Neighborhood, where he’s living, to campus four days a week and rarely if ever uses his pickup truck for anything anymore, unless “the weather is so bad or so cold.” Commuting in the rain, snow and cold here in Provo are challenges to Cole that he enjoys “because it can be fun and [he] enjoys the option.” When the sun is shining, there’s no question as to whether riding or driving is the more enjoyable option. “I have so much more fun [riding] than driving a car, which has a certain amount of underlying stress, and I get to see more of the city, taking in more of the city and feeling more connected without all the distractions of a car. (Continued in comments…)
- The Challenges of ELD Students at Cam High – The Stinger
- FWB in New Iberia. Elizabeth, 27, Looking for a FWB hookup | Find Friends with Benefits
- 5 Eye-Opening Water Conservation Activities Your Students Will Love
- CPRA Music News – Rev Up That Hyperdrive With Denver’s All Waffle Trick And Their New Pop Punk Single, “Spaceship”, Out Now! – ColoradoPunkRockArmy.com
- aBOUT tIME wE jUMPED oNTO lIFE’S DANCE FLOOR Trending Issues- A ROSE SO BEAUTIFUL! Our SkyIsFalling CrisisCreators-NEW***Before ALL IS LOST! ***Breaking Hearts News to Cheer You UP! NEW*Futuristic Shortcut to INSTANT BEAUTY! NEW****Suffering in Silence & Shame? NO- HEAR US ROAR SHAMED NO MORE!!!!!! **new** Leaders of THE FREE WORLD Scary Insanity-TrumpTOPIA!ChildreninCages? New** Mental Health Halloween Moments! **MassMedia versus Political CONJURERS! New** One Infinitely Beautiful Living Rainbow- Poto’GoldLOVEHearts! New**The Times- TheyAren’tAChangin’? Reliving 1963-’65 Social Change in 2018! NEW****Hi GORGEOUS! Handsome! You CAN Be ALL THAT TOO! with the beetles! NEW*** Before-SWIMSUIT TEASERS! Now-T.E.S.S.ACHIEVERBEAVERS! stopBODYshaming! faceoffAGAINSTSEXISM! new***PUCKERED LIPS- FAST BEATING HEART! Together MeUsCAN-DO/FEELSSORIGHT!(**butwomenstill’weaponsofwar’) new* Americana “ANIMAL HOUSE” Revisited! MisadventuresofDAMNED&PREPROGRAMMED! Resistance Inside ‘OPPRESS-IDUNCY’- SafeguardingOurWorld! 1969wOODSTOCK vs. sept.112018vOSTOK NEW***OMG! ‘Me Too’ CalltoAction-Clear&PresentDanger!-Up Close & Personal! NEW**What Says the Law-Invest-$$$-igate Scandals! mOTHER oF ‘mE tOO!’- sTORM wHISPERER? Is It SAFE to COME OUT Yet? Our World- GAME BOARD for BAD BOYS? Diana’s ‘Accidental’ Assassination! **HEROES versus Me-Me-Me TRUMPtopian ZEROS! iNDIA’S lGBTQ? pOETIC jUSTICE! Far Out wORLD oF dECEPTION-sEEING tHE lIGHT? **Oh GOD! Not ANOTHER Priest IN OUR PANTS/PANTIES! **Seduction of the Catholic Church or US Peoplekind? Global Charity ‘SEXtor- SEXploitation? Sue ‘big pharma’- yeh! yeh! yeh! Skeletons in Our P.M.s Closet? A ROSE SO BEAUTIFUL! Coal Mine Canaries Searching for ‘Weapons’ of PEACE! Russian Lullaby! iF gOOD pEOPLE fAIL tO aCT, eVIL wINS! Setting YOUR WORLD ON FIRE- nEVER sURRENDER! But back in the CASTLE… You LOVING ADVOCATE You! THE SWIMMER AND THE RESCUER- GoddamnThePusher! PSYCHOMATHS:psych.meds.-therapy=$$$ Gettin’ Better or Badder? True Medicine- Honest LOVE & Real FRIENDS! Only DO IT for BEAUTY & LOVE! Dr. BEAUTY ***NEW …or see our citizens FLY like BIRDS on the WIND! VaticanOrgies OpioidEpidemics Assassins vs.3Amigos NEW*****Whenthe SOLUTION isthe PROBLEM! 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.’Drs./Nurses OR Vampires?’ ***WILL to LIVE! ***Institutional ‘crucifixion’ Complacency! NEW***The Doctor is IN & HOTSTUFF!! ‘Dr. SMELL’S’ VICTORY!! Happy M.D. 1872-2018 Time Travelers! Caution- Your Rescue Ahead! ABC’s of Love! Happy in Hurricane Eyes! SPLIT Personality ‘Stormy!’ Godzilla vs. Titanic Trump! Melania Modelling the TRUTH! ***Boo-Hoo! Bambi Twins Grow Up Too Fast! ***ALWAYS LOVING YOUR WELCOME COMMENTS!!! See ALL at the bottom (& also under ‘The Seduction …’ articles heading & additional posts under ‘The Swimmer and The Rescuer’ in mentalhealthrightsforum.com)
- Tinder Brings Back ‘Blind Date’ With New In-App Experience
- On wednesday january 7, 2015, the satirical newspaper charlie hebdo suffered an islamist terrorist attack..the newspaper, whose line is openly atheist and anticlerical, has always criticized religion, and in particular religious fundamentalists. .he drew their wrath even more when he published the “caricatures of Muhammad” in 2006.The “Mohammed cartoons” are the cartoons of twelve cartoonists that appeared on September 30, 2005 in the Danish daily Jyllands-Posten..—It was an event which interested me a lot at the time, and which made me all the more blatant the inability of most Muslims to tolerate humor and criticism of their religion. ..it was already very telling to see so many aggressive and disproportionate reactions from them.Already with the attacks of September 11, 2001, I could see that many Muslims were delighted with this carnage. .I remember a report on Arte, journalists interviewed an imam from a Koranic school, in Saudi Arabia it seems to me, the imam condemned the attacks very, but very softly..then the journalists filmed the “students”, they shouted and jumped for joy while celebrating these attacks!Around me too, when I heard Muslims talking about these events, I often heard “well done for them!”.I also think that on the left there was only a very relative condemnation, I think in relation to the fact that the USA too often committed crimes with impunity (Vietnam war, support for the illegal occupation Israeli) I remember the .singer Renaud who had said facing the camera “your turn to see how it feels to be attacked”.But at that time, despite the scale of the attacks of September 11, I still perceived these acts as being the result of a very minority radical and terrorist Islam, and that those who supported them in France were mostly morons..and there, I could see such an outcry for simple caricatures!In an obscure newspaper in Denmark!and it was perceived by many Muslims all over the world as the worst affront, while despicable crimes were already rife in Muslim countries, without this being ever questioned..Muslim fashion tolerates covering women with trash bags and confined to the kitchen, murdering homosexuals, lobotomizing children with the Koran, and many other delusions of the same kind … .but can’t stand to be criticized and laughed at.this case of the cartoons sparked a phenomenal amount of outrage in the Muslim world, raining of insults, death threats, assault, and even terrorist attacks that caused deaths..is that beyond their condemnation of the cartoons, there was already another message.Personally I began to understand that this message was this:”Islam does not submit, it is up to the West to submit to it..your democracy, your human rights, your freedoms (of expressions, secularism, LGBT rights, etc.), we don’t want them, and we will fight them if they get in our way..if you are a “real” Muslim, you must be okay with this. “I have been seriously interested in the Qur’an ever since, and have seen that what is considered radical and terrorist Islam by most of the media is, in fact, literally applied Islam..the simple fact of following the Koran and the acts of Muhammad (“the beautiful example”), leads to the worst horrors.And this does not only concern the terrorist attacks, but many crimes, persecutions and obscurantism in the Muslim world..alas, a thousand times alas, it is the moderate Muslims who are in total inconsistency with the Koran..the Koran explains at length of pages that there is no salvation except in the belief in “Allah”, and that those who do not believe in him are “disbelievers”, “filthy beasts”, “pigs” (etc) that the Muslim has the right to persecute, enslave or .to slaughter.There is in the Koran, as in the texts of other religions, material to justify obscurantism, misogyny, phallocracy, intolerance, hostility towards other beliefs, praise of violence towards infidels ….all crimes committed in the Muslim world find justification in the Koran; sharia, jihad, terrorism, Islamic dictatorship, slavery, censorship, persecution of women, homosexuals, disbelievers (whether atheists, Jews, etcChristians), of all those who dare to criticize Islam … etc, etc …Prophet Muhammad was a ruthless warlord, plunderer, slaver, slaughterer of Jews, pedophile, and polygamist.In Islam, however, he is “the beautiful model to follow for all good Muslims”..from its creation, Islam has spread mainly through war and terror (the Muslim conquests of India are a startling example, one of the worst genocides in history!)..since the advances of the Enlightenment, the law which derives from the Koran; Sharia law, is considered incompatible with human rights, particularly with regard to freedom of expression, freedom of belief, sexual freedom and freedom of .women.womenfolkwomankindand the more a Muslim country or Islamic organization applies Sharia law, the worse it is for the most basic human rights..besides, Islam means “submission”; this religion involves submitting to the orders of Allah (the Arabic word for “God”)..sad to say, but the point is that the problem is not that Muslims misapply their religion and / or are mean..no, the problem is that they only apply what their god asks of them, to follow the example of their prophet and his successors, to apply Sharia, to wage jihad ….it is quite logical when one understands this religion, that according to it it is inexcusable to promote such caricatures.As Hamed Abd Essamad explains very well:.”Daesh would have done nothing more than what the Prophet of Islam accomplished.The self-proclaimed Islamic State, is said to have imitated its techniques, and reproduced its actions, starting with the mass murder of members of the millennial Christian communities of Iraq and Syria and the sexual slavery of their wives. .”These are exactly the same modes of progression on the ground, the same methods of submission adopted by the early Muslims and by the Islam of conquest.” .he explains (Abd Samad) that Daesh had cut off heads, crucified opponents, executed deserters, attacked foreigners, burned crusaders, walked on countries and raped and stoned women. .for him, all these acts were once already perpetrated by the prophet of Islam, and are documented and taught in all respected Koranic schools, starting with El Azhar of Egypt. “.https://www.lematindz.net/news/20240-daech-cest-lislam-selon-hamed-abd-essamad.html?fbclid=IwAR3f5Oauujjq32kXoFxm2aYiG2_vVR5CwYVXm5KmpRJflXZk2SdLgc . – NOGODINVOLVED
- Hornady Adds the 224 Valkyrie with the New 88 Grain ELD Match Bullet
- EdgeSecure’s Paul Puey: “Digital Security Will Take Place on the Edges” Security is one of the hottest topics in today’s ever-evolving digital world. A steady flow of debate continues to take place at tech forums worldwide on topics like encryption, passwords, two-factor authentication, hardware wallets and the like. As cryptocurrencies and the tools being used to manage them take shape, questions loom about the most efficacious ways to protect both user assets and privacy. One individual who is at the epicenter of this active space is Paul Puey. He is co-founder and CEO of EdgeSecure, a blockchain-inspired, decentralized, open-source, zero-knowledge, global information security solution platform. Airbitz, his signature enterprise was birthed in 2013 as a bitcoin wallet provider and merchant directory. Today, he’s orchestrating a rebrand of this wallet, now called EdgeSecure. In an interview with Bitcoin Magazine, Puey talks about the tricky balance between new security and privacy measures being introduced and user experience. He also explores an emerging theme called “securing the edges” that forms the basis of his current work BM: What sort of problems are you attempting to solve these days? PP: The aspect of cryptocurrency we initially wanted to address revolved around how to effectively use secure keys. That was the impetus behind our decision to build a feature rich, functionally rich wallet at Airbitz over the years. We feel like this has really differentiated us in the whole area of key management. BM: How does your concept of EdgeSecure fit in here? PP: Our goal has been to broaden Airbitz by turning our key management standard into a platform for other apps. Even before we rebranded, we were already using the term Edge Security to examine how to come up with a solution that’s different from enterprise security. We view our approach as fundamentally different in the sense that we’re not trying to make a router or server more secure. Rather, our aim is to take data and secure it before it ever hits a device. In short, we are able to secure data before it goes out onto a network or server. People and their devices are what we are trying to secure. That’s where the term Edge comes from — before a user’s data ends up on their device, goes out to a network, goes onto a server — the encryption of that data happens first, as we say, “on the edges.” BM: But what about server networks? PP: We still believe that server security is important. But the visibility and encryption of that data all happens first before the data gets saved, broadcast and sent out on the network or gets onto a server. The concept of making data private and secure to the point where only the user can access it “on the edges” has never been an area of focus for cybersecurity companies. BM: So, in a nutshell, how does all of this actually work? PP: It works through a combination of technologies we’ve had for decades but have never been packaged the way we are seeking to. The technology that we’ve developed involves encrypting data on the client side. Most of the software out there doesn’t do this. Rattle off any app that you are running on your computer or your phone, and the data you generate and create is not encrypted, let alone automatically backed up. BM: Are there other security measures you’ll be employing? PP: We’ve also added two-factor authentication, although I fundamentally hate it from a user experience point of view. Two-factor is particularly problematic and a poor approach if the second factor for authorizing access is a phone number or email address. It’s better than nothing, but it’s not what one would consider to be “good two-factor.” BM: Is there a solution to this? PP: Yes, since 2015, we’ve been employing what we call “one touch, two-factor,” where we take two-factor and make it invisible by baking it in our Airbitz app. This eliminates the need for notification by SMS or email, or via an app like Authy or Google Authenticator. BM: Can you talk a bit about password recovery? This can be a big issue with crypto users. PP: It is indeed. Think about this for a moment: If you lose your mobile phone or other type of device, in the Google Authenticator world you have just lost your access completely. So, it’s up to the service you are using to determine a recovery mechanism. What’s interesting is that some services don’t give you one. Others offer recovery via email, SMS, or other similar mechanism which then introduces the same issue. We, therefore, believe in recovery via time lock, where your account is locked for a period of time before you can reset it. BM: In the meantime, are there ways to prevent users from losing their password in the first place? PP: There is some psychology involved here. Part of our philosophy at EdgeSecure is to carefully align technology with humanity. This involves a recognition of the fact that we’re all fallible beings, that we do forget passwords. One step we employ to help people not forget passwords is to ask them to voluntarily enter it from time-to-time when they go to access their app. Our intent is to give them the opportunity to change it if they forget it at that moment. BM: How exactly does this work? PP: We have an algorithm inside of the app that has what we call a reminder “step off,” based on users actually entering it. This “step off” is how frequently we remind you based on how many times you’ve actually entered the password in the past. Obviously, you can get into the app with a pin, thumbprint and now facial ID. But if you lose that device, the password is the only way to get back on. BM: This seems like an idea that other tech solution providers will likely want to pick up on. PP: No doubt. We fashion ourselves as the world’s only password recovery for encrypted data. While that, in and of itself, is a patentable idea, we’ve opted to not patent, in the name of open source, open collaborative effort. BM: What sort of criticism do you hear from the crypto community? PP: One of the main ones we get is that we are not as secure as a hardware wallet. These criticisms come from people that often harbor the biggest fears of something that I have yet to see happen, namely, a person losing crypto from a device attack. Sure, you might hear of publications espousing theoretical exploits. But I haven’t seen evidence of a mass exploit with cryptocurrency taken on a device with encrypted data. Yet there are millions, if not billions, of dollars being poured into solutions for that problem. BM: Aren’t hardware wallets a great resource then for those who have these concerns? PP: They can be. But it’s important to keep in mind that with hardware wallets, the attack vector isn’t someone getting into it digitally over the internet. Rather, the attack vector is the individual user. I can’t count the number of people who say to me after purchasing a hardware wallet, “Now, I’m secure!” I then ask them, what did you do with the backup information? Often they’ll say, “I put it on Google Drive.” My response: “You did what? That’s the worst thing you could possibly do with the private key.” BM: Finally, what are your thoughts regarding security vulnerabilities among centralized exchanges? PP: It’s a big concern, no doubt. Coinbase is obviously the most recognizable example in the crypto world, but I don’t think that their model can survive long term. I’d describe them as a $15 billion piñata for hackers. Yes, they haven’t been hacked and I believe a combination of luck and skill has prevented that from occurring. BM: So do you believe that it’s just a matter of time before a serious hack occurs? PP: Let me say this. One of the hardest aspects of centralized security is that it doesn’t scale. In other words, the bigger you get, the harder it is for you to secure. And as the pot becomes bigger, you have to hire and entrust more and more people inside the company. So it takes just one bad apple with access and there goes a lot of user money. BM: Where do you see this security space headed? PP: In the next 3–5 years, we should actually see a trend where users will seek out what I call Edge-secured apps, where people can control their own data. These encryption and Edge solutions will be invisible to those using the app, which will go a long way toward enhancing user experience along with security and privacy. This article originally appeared on Bitcoin Magazine. from My Bitconnect Journey https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/edgesecures-paul-puey-digital-security-will-take-place-edges/ via Bitcoin News https://s3.amazonaws.com/fs.bitcoinmagazine.com/img/images/Puey_Interview.width-800.jpg REGISTER HERE: http://bit.ly/goN4bcc
- Beers, Passion and Wanting More… A Date with My New Man, “Man Candy”
- Truth Social: Banned from Twitter, Trump returns with a new platform
- Now that the book is complete, the feedback is flowing in. Apparently folks are really enjoying the book! Please weigh in and share your thoughts, concerns, insights and anything else you are feeling about the book. We want to hear from you! Chat with you soon…Vernicia A New Black America…Book Feedback
- Dating Pro digest: Prominent investor Peter Thiel pours $1.5 million into dating application for conservatives; Tinder still maintains the highest share of the dating app market; Chinese platform iQIYI celebrates Valentine’s Day with a new poll; Online dating platform Marnii.com has been announced to launch White Label dating.
- Creatives Rebuild New York @creativesrebuildny Applications Are Live!My role as a Creatives Rebuild New York Outreach Corps member is to ensure that my communities, friends, and fellow artists know about and apply to these programs. Creatives Rebuild New York (CRNY)—a three-year $125M investment in the financial stability of New York State artists and the organizations that employ them—is pleased to announce that applications for our two, artist-centered initiatives are now open. Guaranteed Income for Artists (GI) will support 2,400 New York State artists with monthly, $1,000, no-strings-attached cash payments for 18 consecutive months; and the Artist Employment Program (AEP) will fund employment for 300 artists working in collaboration with community-based organizations across the State for 2 years. Participating AEP artists will receive a salary of $65,000 per year—plus benefits and dedicated time to focus on their artistic practice. These programs and funding will be dedicated solely to artists whose primary residence is in New York State. Applications for both programs are live, and the deadline to apply is March 25 at 11:59 PM Eastern.•••••#newyorkcity #manhattan #brooklyn #longisland #nassaucounty #suffolkcounty #newyork #longislandny #nyc #longislandlife #suffolk #hamptons #longislandrealestate #babylon #queens #realestate #photography #realtor #massapequa #home #realestateagent #longislandmoms #liny #ny #smithtown #huntington #farmingdale #lieats #smallbusiness #islip
- Physical Bitcoins: Our Hands-On, End-to-End Review of Opendime Opendime is a tiny USB flash drive that can be loaded with bitcoin by the first user and given to another user, who is, in turn, able to pass it along to a third user and so forth. The private key attached to each Opendime is generated by the device at the time of setup by the user: It is not known by anyone, not even by the first owner or by the Opendime company itself. Opendimes can be passed along multiple times to other users and verified. An Opendime stick can only be redeemed by the last user, who must break the device to access the private key and import it into a bitcoin wallet. A pack of three Opendimes can be ordered for $37.50. Though perhaps too technically demanding for casual Bitcoin users and arguably too expensive for transferring small values (the device is useless after getting the funds out), Opendimes are certainly usable as physical bitcoins. “Opendime transactions are a little different from blockchain transactions,” notes the Opendime FAQ. “Whenever two people meet and trade goods or services for an Opendime, you could say a transaction has occurred, and yet there is nothing recorded on the blockchain. This is different from a normal bitcoin wallet which makes blockchain records continuously and can create a complex web of connections, which can later be explored by anyone.” In other words, Opendimes can be used as totally anonymous, untraceable bitcoin cash. It is possible to do something similar with a paper wallet by printing a bitcoin address and its private key and then passing the paper wallet to another user, with no trace of the transaction recorded on the blockchain. “It is much more private because there is no subsequent blockchain transactions to track,” confirmed Opendime developer Rodolfo Novak in conversation with Bitcoin Magazine. But the problem with using paper wallets in this way is that, somewhere along the transaction trail, someone could copy the private key and take the funds at any point after passing the paper wallet to the next user. Opendime solves this problem by hiding the private key, only revealing it to the last user who must break the device to take funds out. Users of Opendime sticks can choose to pass their stick along to different owners only a few times before being emptied and destroyed, or they can treat their stick like physical cash, allowing it to change hands many times over years or decades. Novak confirmed that, according to user feedback, both scenarios are well used. With bitcoin exchanges under increasing regulatory pressure, it seems likely that face-to-face exchanges like LocalBitcoins could become more popular, which could boost the adoption of Opendime. Novak confirmed that, indeed, users are pre-loading Opendimes and using them to sell bitcoin via LocalBitcoins. According to Novak, Opendime is not vulnerable to regulatory actions because “the devices are ‘point solutions’ without any central service to be regulatory ‘captured.’” Legally, Opendime is a trademark/product of Coinkite Inc., a company founded by Novak and Peter Gray and based in Toronto, Canada. Novak is skeptical of the possibility that Canadian regulators could order Coinkite to stop producing and selling Opendimes. “We and our lawyers don’t believe that’s a possible scenario,” he said. Opendime documentation claims the sticks will last for decades under normal usage conditions; however, Opendime hasn’t been around for decades, so there’s no way to know for sure. But, as Novak explained, the microchip used in each Opendime is rated for 25-100 years, as per the data sheet (page 816) linked in the FAQ. “A few users have put it through a lot of abuse, washing machines, freezing, water, etc. and it survived,” said Novak Novak also stated that it’s not practically possible to make a counterfeit because the device has a high security chip with a factory key just for that reason. “They would have to break our private key, which is practically impossible,” said Novak. “Not even with a few tens of millions of dollars could they peel the chip and try to use an electron microscope to get our key because our chip choice also protects against peeling. So maybe a hundred million dollars could make that happen. If that happens the next batch would have a new key and they would have to spend the money again.” The possibility remains, however, that malicious parties could make fake Opendimes, with an identical look and user interface, which claim a fake balance confirmed by a fake verification process. Therefore, it’s important to check the provenance of the device. Novak explained that there are a few ways for users to check an Opendime signature to verify it’s not counterfeit, including a Chrome extension, the Samourai Wallet, which supports Opendime natively, Electrum (coming soon) and an open-source script. Gray added that each Opendime ships with Python code for verification. “You can use a known-good Opendime to verify an unknown one,” he said. “No internet is required, and self-contained python code is used — just one command to be typed, which takes just seconds.” How It Works Anytime the stick is plugged into a computer, flickering green and red lights indicate its status. Only green means that the device is active; red indicates either that the device hasn’t been activated or that it has already been unsealed (broken) and can’t be used anymore. The lights work correctly even without a computer, with the stick connected to a USB charger or power pack. A file named index.htm on the stick provides all status information. Bitcoin Magazine tested an Opendime stick end-to-end. When we plugged the Opendime stick into a computer for the first time, the red light flickered. The index file warned, “Your Opendime is new and unused. Follow these steps to pick a private key,” and gave us detailed instructions. Following the instructions, we copied a few small files onto the device to seed a random number generator, which gets random bits from random.org. Once the private key was generated, the index file showed the stick’s Bitcoin address and a corresponding QR code. Besides the index file and two folders with programs and utilities, there are four files on the stick: Address.txt, Private-key.txt, Qrcode.jpg and README.txt. The address and Qrcode files show the stick’s bitcoin address in both formats. The private-key file reads: “SEALED — See README.txt for details.” The README gives detailed instructions on how to use the Opendime stick, including how to verify that the device is authentic and how to get funds out. The index file shows two status check buttons: “Check Balance” and “Verify.” Pressing the Verify button resulted in the status message “VERIFIED: Your Opendime does have control over the secret private key corresponding to Bitcoin payment address.” The balance was zero, of course, because we hadn’t yet sent funds to the stick. We sent funds to the stick in multiple transactions from different users, physical locations and bitcoin wallets. After all the transactions were confirmed, the correct balance and previous transactions were displayed in the index file. Now our Opendime stick was active, loaded and ready to be passed along to other owners. If the stick has been loaded with, say, 10,000 bits (0.01 BTC, about $120 at the current exchange rate), the stick could be used as a physical coin carrying that value. At this point in the process, anyone in the ownership chain could decide to empty the stick and transfer the funds to their bitcoin wallet. To do that, the user must unseal the device by pushing a pin through a little circle marked on the back of the device. When this is done, the red light flickers and the index file displays a warning: “UNSEALED DO NOT send more funds to this address or accept this hardware as payment.” Clicking both status check buttons results in a further warning: “Bitcoin was spent from this address. If this is an Opendime address, this means it has been UNSEALED.” The private key is now shown in the index file. The Opendime team recommends using the Samourai wallet. However, we decided to experiment and create a new wallet on blockchain.info. We imported our Opendime private key (Settings – Addresses) and transfered the funds to the blockchain.info wallet, and then to an exchange. In summary, the Opendime stick passed our end-to-end test with flying colors. One caveat: At $13 a piece, Opendime sticks struck us as rather expensive for storing/transferring small amounts and may be better suited to large amounts of over $1,000 or so. “But $13 is actually very cheap as it’s amortized by multiple exchanges of the same unit,” Novak suggested. “Also, Bitcoin transactions are very often more than that.” This is a fair point, since the chain ownership transfer could go on for a very long time, with the stick potentially changing hands many times, just like physical cash. Novak also added that improvements and new features are in the works. Disclaimer: Opendime provided Bitcoin Magazine with free samples to use for the purposes of testing their product for review. This article originally appeared on Bitcoin Magazine. from My Bitconnect Journey https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/physical-bitcoins-our-hands-end-end-review-opendime/ via Bitcoin News https://s3.amazonaws.com/fs.bitcoinmagazine.com/img/images/opendreview.width-800.jpg REGISTER HERE: http://bit.ly/goN4bcc
- Top 8 original activities to do with friends!
- CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS – The Power of “Political Erasure”, A Chat With Arthur Bradley (Announcements) – THE NEW POLIS
- Will There Be a Season 2 of “Killer Relationship with Faith Jenkins”, New Season 2022 // NextSeasonTV
- 2021 Talk Talk Korea has started with the new ambassador LOONA
- Kevin Smith joining forces with Dark Horse Comics for new line of comics • AIPT