Coleslaw Macaroni Salad combines the best side dishes—coleslaw and macaroni salad. This the perfect side dish for Summer potlucks and BBQs.
You get the best of both worlds with this Macaroni coleslaw salad recipe. Adding coleslaw mix to pasta salad adds texture and crunch to the pasta salad.
This pasta salad is loaded with coleslaw, macaroni noodles, fresh vegetables tossed in an easy homemade coleslaw dressing.
This pasta salad is tangy, a little sweet, and crunchy from the vegetables.
Macaroni Coleslaw Salad is going to be your new favorite side dish to a summer potluck or BBQ.
ingredients needed to macaroni pasta salad
- Coleslaw mix– Using a store-bought coleslaw mix makes this pasta salad recipe quick and easy to make
- Macaroni– For the pasta portion of the salad, I like to use macaroni noodles
- Celery– Fresh celery adds a nice crunch to the salad
- Bell Pepper- I like to use a red bell pepper for this pasta salad, but you can use any color you’d like or have on hand
- Red Onion- I like adding a little bit of onion to the salad
- Mayo– The base of the coleslaw dressing is mayonnaise. To keep this pasta salad dairy-free, I like to use a vegan mayo
- Vinegar– A touch of vinegar adds acidity to the dressing
- Sugar– Adding sugar balances out the coleslaw dressing
how to make macaroni pasta salad
First, you’ll want to cook the pasta noddles. Once the pasta is done cooking, rinse and drain the pasta.
It’s important that pasta is cooled before adding it to the rest of the pasta salad.
While the pasta is cooking, mix together the coleslaw salad dressing.
In a large mixing bowl, add the the vegetables, cooked and cooled pasta and the salad dressing.
Toss to combined the salad. Taste and adjust seasonings is needed.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
can coleslaw pasta salad be made ahead of time?
I like to make the pasta salad with coleslaw a few hours before serving. I like for the pasta salad to be cold and this gives the flavors a chance to develop.
I don’t recommend making this the day before serving. Because of the coleslaw mix, the salad can get soggy from siting in the fridge overnight.
more salad recipes:
If you are in need of a side dish for your next BBQ, try out this Coleslaw Macaroni Salad.
- 2 Cups Dry Macaroni Pasta
- 1 ½ Cups Mayonnaise, vegan if needed
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- 2 Celery Stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Package (14-16 ounces) Coleslaw Mix
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously salt the water. Cook the macaroni pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse that pasta and set aside to cool completely.
- While the pasta cooks prepare the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Taste the dressing and add more sugar for sweetness or vinegar for tang. Set aside.
- Prep the veggies. Dice the celery, onion and pepper.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add the noodles to a large mixing bowl. Add the prepared dressing, vegetables and coleslaw mix. Toss to combine.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 371Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is just an estimate per serving.